Dr. SHANKER SATHAPPAN
Consultant General Surgeon, Pantai Hospital Penang
A General Surgeon dedicated to the field of Laparoscopic Surgery and trying to promote the field of Laparoscopic surgery in the country by being instrumental in the organisation of the 1st Malaysian International Laparoscopic Congress in Bukit Merah, Perak in November 2007.
Awarded Sijil Perkhidmatan Cemerlang (Excellent Service Award) by the Ministry of Health in 2007 for services rendered to the government. Still very active in the field of Laparoscopy over the last 9 years and now started Mini Laparoscopy (3mm) services.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Mangalore University, Karnataka State, India.(1994)
- .Masters of Surgery (General Surgery), University Kebangsaan Malaysia (2004).
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, GEM Hospital, Coimbatore, India.(June 2005) conducted by Prof. C. Palanivelu and approved by Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons.
- Fellow of the Academy of General Education, Manipal, Karnataka State, India.(June 2005)
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India.(March 2007) conducted by Dr. Pradeep Chowbey, approved by Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia
- Awarded Practical theoretical course of Advanced Mini Laparoscopic Surgery (3mm instrument), Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil, South America (August 2014) by Prof. Gustavo Carvalho.